After the flood of 2015, I had some serious kleening up to do. Unwilling to spend a week inhaling Lysol fumes, I knew I would have to consult with the Great Counselor Of All Things for advice on a kleening product that would not kill me due to overdose of some noxious chemical.
The G. C. O. A. T. (okay, Google) pointed me in the direction of a recipe from Real Simple magazine for an all-purpose spray cleaner that you could almost drink (if you happened to have a taste for rubbing alcohol and vinegar.) It left my surfaces smelling like something much lovelier than backed up plumbing and clean as a whistle. (I have never understood that expression. Since when is a whistle clean? All those people blowing on it all the time? Please. P.S. Am I turning into Howard Hughes?)
Anyway, try this in your flooded or not-so-flooded living quarters and I guarantee you will be pleased with the result and will not keel over from chemical fumes. I actually would not drink it unless you are on a desert island and choices are limited.
Kleen Queen (Green) All-Purpose Cleaner
4 cups water
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
10 drops peppermint essential oil
Combine the ingredients and pour into a spray bottle. Kleen everything, then drink a martini and take a load off.